In addition to providing you with one of the best horse boarding experiences in Arizona, we are mindful of the environment in which we live.
we pride ourselves on promoting responsible green practices
for a sustainable environment.
we reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose and hope you will too.
We offer upscale and exclusive full service horse boarding facilities, in a serene and peaceful setting with an emphasis on hospitality and great service!
Explore miles of wilderness right outside our back gate, in either the Tonto National Forest or the Scottsdale Sonoran Preserve which offers 32,000 acres and 215 miles of interconnected trails..
No need to trailer your horse as you'll have plenty of places to ride during your stay.
The first class open air barn features indoor/outdoor stalls and provides a clean, secure home for your horse. The turnouts, round pen and arena are easily accessible as are the hitching posts and wash rack.
We offer a variety of boarding packages for your horse that include a spot for you as well.
We are personally on site 24/7 and available to help with local attractions and suggestions, restaurants, area maps and desert information.
When looking for your home away from home with an equine companion, consider our welcoming environment with some of the best horse riding in Arizona.
we look forward to hosting you.
...back at the ranch
Rio RanchoVerde is surrounded by untouched open spaces in a serene relaxing atmosphere... far enough away from Scottsdale to provide a remote retreat, yet close enough to enjoy all the city has to offer.
It's a very special place where you can unplug and relax and your spiritual side has the opportunity to recharge and refresh.
Wake up to the scarlet skies of an amazing sunrise over Four Peaks and your day as the sunset colors streak softly over the mountains. Gaze at a sky full of stars (no city lights here!) and drift off to sleep as the coyotes howl in the distance.
We hope you are inspired to share our journey in creating lasting friendships and memories as we welcome you to our little piece of paradise in the Sonoran desert...
Being 100% committed helps us make sure your every need is met and you and your horse feel right at home.
* From the organic garden to the recycled and repurposed pipe rail stalls, you’ll find our commitment interlaced throughout the ranch.
* We’ve consciously only developed 5 of the 62 acres of our ranch.
* We compost food, recycle trash, recapture rain water, use solar lighting and have repurposed all the metal in our artwork, fencing and signage.
* We make every effort to promote sustainability and are constantly striving to integrate our day to day operations in a socially responsible manner....
* Our desert location reinforces a mindful connection in harmony with our environment
* Our goal is to embrace the desert ecology by respecting our place within this fragile ecosystem.